Favourite Playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Michael Bay + TMNT = The end of the Turtles franchise

Oh hell. No way! Nuh-uh! This is seriously, seriously going too far. Michael Bay, I know you're good at making action scenes, exploding stuff, shaky cam and bad camera angles (they really get old fast, and annoys the hell out of me when they keep doing that!), but really, you wanna ruin yet another of most of our childhood franchise?

I don't mean to complain, usually animated series are just not meant to be made into live actions. There are lots of examples out there, take a look at movies like Masters of the Universe based of He-Man: Masters of the Universe, or The Flinstones and The Flinstones in Viva Rock Vegas live action movie, or how about Garfield and Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, or the horrible Speed Racer movie (I honestly fell asleep about 15 minutes into the movie, and never finished it cause it was bad and boring), or even Josie and the Pussycats? There's quite a lot more that is bad, some are still pretty decent enough, but not good. And very rarely you ever get one that's even better than being average.

So, the very first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtla live action movie was actually pretty decent, considering the time when it came out. It wasn't a great movie, but it wasn't a bad one either. And hey, it's a really fun and enjoyable movie. Sadly, the second TMNT movie, The Secret of the Ooze just wasn't that good anymore. It was still alright, just not as enjoyable. And the third movie? Let's just say I've actually sort of given up on watching it. I'm a huge Turtles fan back then, and still am even now. And when they made the TMNT 2003 series, I was really, really, seriously happy! It was what it originally was. It was dark, fun, some pretty good humours and the artwork style and animation is pretty good. It was, in my opinion, one of the best TMNT series out there. Except when they made Fast Forward and future seasons from then, it just sucks. Sure, there are a couple of characters I enjoyed from Fast Forward, but honestly, the writing is horrible and the art sucks. Even the opening isn't that good anymore. I was really disappointed with where it was heading.

But then, hope emerged, in the form of TMNT (2007) cgi movie. It was everything I could hope for! The setting was dark, it was rendered beautifully, the streets, the atmosphere of the turtle's world, the characters themselves. It was really well-done. And I had actually hoped for a sequel from Imagi Studios (who also did Astro Boy and upcoming Gatchaman) but was shut down due to the economy crisis in 2009. I was really sad when I found out about it, and was really looking forward to Gatchaman too. Even Turtles Forever, TV special that was made recently kick serious ass! It has a sort of Kamen Rider Decade theme going on, as they introduce to the multiple versions of TMNT that was made throughout the years, and made it as alternate universes of the Turtles' world. It was just so awesome.

And now, Michael Bay had picked up the license for the series.  Oh dear gawd. I don't mind that they'll make it as a live action, even though it might end up pretty badly. But in the hands of Michael "Kaboom" Bay, I think that he would kill the franchise, like he did with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, although Transformers is slightly better, though not great.

So there, all my hope of a good, or at least decent Turtle movie is now totally crushed. So here's a clip from Robot Chicken on about Michael Bay. |3



So that's all for now. Til later. Arf! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment